Wednesday, April 28

MAC Haul

Having been watching youtube videos and reading blogs for a couple of years now, i knew it wouldn't be long until i couldn't resist mac cosmetics. It is one of the most popular cosmetic brands i see and hear about, but i have never figured out why. Last week, i decided i wanted to add some brushes to my collection. I already own quite a few smashbox brushes, which some i got as a birthday gift, and some i got in a smashbox set that i purchased from QVC a couple of years ago. However, on there own they are pretty pricey. So after searching online, i honestly couldn't find much in terms of brushes. I didn't want to spend a fortune, but everyone seems to rave about mac brushes, so i thought what the hell, it won't hurt to try one. I decided to get the 217. After reading reviews and seeing videos, i guess it looks versatile. It can be used for cream products, powders and use on the lid and in the crease.


I'm pretty happy with my purchase. I was hesitant at first, because £14.50 is a fair bit of money to spend (with my not very full bank it is anyway) But as a more positive way of thinking about it, it is in a way an investment. I know i will use this brush, it looks well made and feels it - So hopefully it will last long. I used it today and i really like that it is quite flat on either side but also tapered to use it for blending.



I also bought some brush cleaner. I have always just washed my brushes under the tap with a face wash or something (not great i know) but it was such a chore, i hope this saves me a little time!

What have you been buying lately?

:) x

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers